Terms and Conditions
1. The raffle
- These terms and conditions govern the „Raffle L’etape du tour“ (the “ Raffle ”) including participation in the Raffle and the collection and use of the participant’s personal data. The Organizer is: Dr. Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co. KG of Johanneswerkstr. 34-36, 33611 Bielefeld, Germany, HRA 11533.
- By submitting a Raffle entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Raffle will run from 16-may-2022 (the ” Opening Date “) to 22-may-2022 (the ” Closing Date “) inclusive.
- No purchase is necessary and there is no charge to participate in the Raffle.
- The Organizer will not accept responsibility for Raffle entries that are not received or damaged, regardless of cause, including, without limitation, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- Five winners will be drawn at random from all participants who meet the conditions of participation.
- Entering the campaign does not, in any case, justify a claim to receiving the prize.
3. The Prize
- You can win 5 x two starting places each for the L’etape du Tour 2022 in Briancon, France, on 10.07.2022, information at L’Etape du Tour de France – Home (letapedutourdefrance.com) (the „Prize „). The Prizes include 2 registration codes each, which entitle two people to start the race and enable them to do so free of charge. Any additional services such as transport, food, accommodation or equipment are not included in the Prize.
- Payment of the Prize in cash, in kind, its exchange or transfer to other persons is not possible.
- In the event that it is impossible or unreasonable for the Organizer to issue the Prize, for whatever reason, the winners will accept a reasonable substitute prize.
- The Raffle is only open to persons with residence in the EU and the UK aged 18 years or over. In entering the Raffle, participants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize. The Organizer may require participants to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the Raffle.
- Excluded are employees of the Organizer and employees of cooperation partners who are or were involved in the creation or handling of the Raffle, as well as relatives and dependents of these persons.
- The Organizer will not accept Raffle entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- incomplete; or
- unlawful, in particular violate the rights of third parties or glorify violence, are offensive, harassing, derogatory or otherwise offend social decency.
- There is a limit of one entry to the Raffle per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The Prizes will be drawn among all eligible participants on 20-may-2022. Whether entries are complete and eligible will be determined at the Organizers’s sole discretion and the decision of the Organizer is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by email directly after the draw and asked for confirmation. A participant may forego the prize.
- If a winner does not confirm acceptance of the Prize within a period of 3 days after notification, the prize will be forfeited.
- If the contact details provided are incorrect (e.g. invalid addresses), the Organizer is not obliged to find the correct addresses. Any disadvantages resulting from the provision of incorrect contact details shall be borne by the participants. The Organizer does not accept any responsibility if winners are not able to receive and/or use the Prize or if the Prize is lost or damaged during transport and/or delivery.
6. Limitation of Liability
- The following exclusions and limitations of liability apply to the Organizer’s liability for damages, without prejudice to the other legal requirements for claims in accordance with this Clause 6.
- The Organizer shall be liable without limitation insofar as the cause of the damage is based on intent or gross negligence on the part of the Organizer or his legal representative or vicarious agent.
- Furthermore, the Organizer shall be liable for the slightly negligent breach of essential obligations, the breach of which jeopardises the achievement of the purpose of the contract, or for the breach of obligations, the fulfilment of which is a prerequisite for the proper implementation of the Raffle and the observance of which the contractual partners regularly rely on. In this case, however, the Organizer shall only be liable for the foreseeable damage typical for the contract. The Organizer is not liable for the slightly negligent breach of obligations other than those specified in the above sentences.
- The above limitations of liability do not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health, for a defect following the assumption of guarantees for the quality of a product and in the event of fraudulently concealed defects.
- Insofar as the liability of the Organizer is excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents of the Organizer.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the organisation of the „L’etape du Tour 2022“. Accordingly, the Organizer is not liable for cancellations, postponements, changes in the implementation or other damages incurred by the winner in the enjoyment of the Prize.
7. Data protection and publicity
- The Organizer as the responsible party according to Art. 4 (7) GDPR collects, processes and uses the participants’ data only insofar as this is permitted by law or the participants consent to it. You can reach the data protection officer at email@example.com or the postal address of the Organizer with the addition “the data protection officer”.
- The following data will be collected from the participants by the Organizer and will be used for the design, implementation and execution of the Raffle and the handing over of the Prize: first and last name, e-mail address, address. Insofar as the data is no longer required for the implementation and processing of the Raffle and there are no legal retention periods to the contrary, it will be deleted.
- Participants have the following rights vis-à-vis the Organizer with regard to personal data concerning them: Right to information, right to rectification or erasure, right to restriction of processing, right to object to processing, right to data portability.
- Participants also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of personal data by the organiser.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Organizer may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude participants from participating in the Raffle.
- The Raffle shall be governed by German law to the exclusion of the conflict of laws provisions and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) of 11 April 1980. Mandatory national consumer protection regulations that would apply in accordance with the law applicable under Article 6 (1) of the Rome I Regulation shall remain unaffected. National jurisdictions shall also remain unaffected.
- Consumers can use the European online dispute resolution forum. For this purpose, the European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (ODR), which can be found under the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=DE However, the Organizer is not obliged or willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
- The Organizer reserves the right to prematurely terminate the Raffle in whole or in part at any time, even without observing deadlines, or to change its course if it is not possible for technical reasons (e.g. computer virus, manipulation or errors in software/hardware) or legal reasons to ensure that the Raflle is carried out properly.