Terms and Conditions of participation and data protection information for the “Alpecin Ride Club Bonus Program” – as of 25 August 2022
(addition in 3.3; clarification in 3.6.; addition of webpage in 6.3)
- These Terms and Conditions of Participation and data protection information govern the participation in the “Alpecin Ride Club Bonus Program” (hereinafter referred to as the “Bonus Program”) of Dr. Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co. KG, Johanneswerkstr. 34-36, 33611 Bielefeld, Germany (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”) and the collection and use of the data collected from or communicated by the participants in connection with the participation.
- By participating in the Bonus Program, participants accept these Termas and Conditions of participation and declare their consent to the collection, processing and use of their personal data to the extent set out below.
Conditions of participation
- Persons older than 18 years are eligible to participate.
- Multiple participation of one person is excluded. Bonus levels, Rides and prizes are not transferable to other participants.
Procedure of the Bonus Program
- In the Bonus Program, participants can reach increasing bonus levels by participating in Ride Club Events. Upon reaching a new bonus level, the participant will receive a reward. Excluded from the Bonus Program are Ride Club events for which a lump sum is charged for additional services (transfer, catering, etc.). This will be expressly pointed out when registering for the Ride Club Event.
- A participant takes part in the Bonus Program by activating the box “Ride and Reward” on the landing page of the Organizer when registering for a Ride Club Event, following the link to the registration and registering for the Ride Club Event on the platform Eventbrite. The participant will then receive an email in which he must confirm his participation in the Bonus Program again. The registration for the Bonus Program is valid for all subsequent Ride Club Events in which the participant participates until he unsubscribes from the Bonus Program. The participation in the Bonus Program does not have to be confirmed again for the next Ride Club Event.
- The Bonus Program starts anew in each calendar year and runs from April 15 to December 31 in 2022. In subsequent years, the Bonus Program will run from January 1 to December 31. The Ride Club Events completed in the previous year will not be counted towards the following year.
- The bonus levels for the year 2022 are as follows:
||Number of Rides
||Ride Club cycling socks
||Product package Alpecin (C1 Shampoo und C1 Black Edition) + Alpecin Drinking bottle
||Ride Club Jersey
||Participation in raffle of 10 places for Alpecin Cycling Community Event
The Organizer reserves the right to change the offered rewards from time to time. Reference is made to Section 4.3.
Update from 25 August 2022:
Among all participants of the “Ride and Reward” program of the Alpecin Ride Club who have completed at least 12 bike rides by 16.10.2022, the organiser will raffle off a total of 10 x 1 participation in the Alpecin Ride Club Community Camp from 07.11.2022 to 10.11.2022 in Kaltern, South Tyrol, including accommodation and half board.
The draw will take place on 17.10.2022 by means of a lottery.
The drawn winners will be notified by e-mail immediately after the draw. Winners must confirm acceptance within 3 days of receiving notification. Otherwise, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner will be drawn by lot. If delivery of the notification is not possible or if the contact details provided are incorrect, the prize will also be forfeited and a replacement winner will be selected. The Promoter is not obliged to seek out correct addresses. Any disadvantages resulting from the provision of incorrect contact details will be borne by the winners.
- Participants who have reached a new bonus level will be informed by e-mail. The delivery of the reward, e.g. by mail or at the next Ride Club event, will be arranged with them individually. If a delivery in the agreed form is not possible or should the given contact possibilities be incorrect, the Organizer is not obliged to find out correct addresses or contact possibilities. Any disadvantages resulting from the provision of incorrect contact details or contact options shall be borne by the participants.
- The participant can renounce his reward.
- The participation in the Bonus Program is free of charge.
- The participation is independent from the purchase of goods of the Organizer. The purchase of goods or the use of services do not affect the achievement of a bonus level.
- A payment instead of of the reward in cash, in kind and an exchange are not possible.
- Participants have no right to claim that the Alpecin Ride Club offers a certain number of Ride Club Events that enable the achievement of bonus levels. The offer of Ride Club Events is at the free discretion of the Organizer.
- Participants can unsubscribe from the Bonus Program at any time. The deregistration can be made informally to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Availability and function
- The Organizer points out that availability and function of participation in the Bonus Program cannot be guaranteed. The possibility to participate in the bonus program can be terminated or removed due to external circumstances and constraints, without any claims of the participants against the organizer arising from this.
- The Organizer reserves the right to terminate the Bonus Program prematurely in whole or in part at any time, even without observing deadlines, or to change its course if it is not possible to guarantee proper implementation for technical (e.g. computer virus, manipulation or errors in software/hardware) or legal reasons.
- If the delivery of the reward is impossible or unreasonable for the Organizer, the participant accepts an appropriate substitute reward.
- The following exclusions and limitations of liability shall apply to the Organizer’s liability for damages, without prejudice to the other legal requirements for claims pursuant to this clause 5.
- The Organizer is liable without limitation, as far as the cause of damage is based on intention or gross negligence of the organizer or his legal representative or vicarious agent.
- Furthermore, the Organizer shall be liable for the negligent breach of essential obligations, the breach of which jeopardizes the achievement of the purpose of the contract, or for the breach of obligations, the fulfillment of which makes the proper implementation of the bonus program possible in the first place and on the compliance with which the contractual partners regularly rely. In this case, however, the organizer shall only be liable for the foreseeable damage typical for the contract. The organizer shall not be liable for the slightly negligent breach of obligations other than those specified in the above sentences.
- The above limitations of liability shall not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health, for a defect following the assumption of guarantees for the quality of a product and in the event of fraudulently concealed defects. The liability according to the product liability law remains unaffected.
- Insofar as the liability of the organizer is excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents of the organizer.
Data protection information
- The Organizer as the responsible person according to art. 4 para. 7 GDPR collects, processes and uses the data of the participants only insofar as this is legally permitted or the participants consent to it. You can reach the data protection officer at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or the postal address of the Organizer with the addition “the data protection officer”.
- The following data will be collected from the participants by the platform Eventbrite and the Zwift Companion App (in case of Ride Club Events on the platform Zwift) and forwarded to the Organizer and will be used for the design, implementation and processing of the Bonus Program: first and last name of the participant, e-mail address, emergency contact, Zwift username (in case of Ride Club Events on the platform Zwift). The personal data of the participants will be deleted following the termination of the Bonus Program and its processing or their deregistration, unless there are legal obligations to retain data.
- Participants have the following rights vis-à-vis the Organizer with regard to the personal data concerning them: Right to information, right to rectification or erasure, right to restriction of processing, right to object to processing, right to data portability.
- Participants also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of personal data by the Organizer.
Consumers can use the European online dispute resolution forum. For this purpose, the European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which can be found under the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=DE This link is also designed as a clickable link. However, the organizer is not obligated or willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
The Bonus Program and the rewards are subject to German law, excluding the conflict of laws regulations and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) of April 11, 1980. Mandatory national consumer protection regulations that would apply in accordance with the law applicable under Article 6 (1) Rome I Regulation shall remain unaffected. The national jurisdictions shall also remain unaffected.